Lakefront Living Realty is hosting their 15th annual “Keys to Buying Lakefront Property” Seminar on March 11th, 2023 at the enVision Hotel & Conference Center in Mansfield, MA.
The goal of the 2-1/2 hour seminar is to keep buyers from ‘making a mistake on a lake’. Just a few of the topics covered include:
- Key differences with lake homes
- Choosing a lake to fit your needs
- The truth about flood insurance
- Lake homes and the short-term rental market
- Understanding lakeside regulations
“Purchasing lakefront property is unlike any other real estate”, Said Scott Freerksen, Broker/Owner of Lakefront Living Realty, also known as ‘The Lake Guy’, “You are not only buying a lake house, but you are also buying a lake and a lifestyle. There are dozens of questions that need to be answered specific to any lake and lakefront home you are considering”. “At least a dozen times a year, we get calls from people who purchased their ‘dream’ lakefront home and are now having issues with the property. Many involve the understanding of lake rights vs. lake access, weed control, Lake Associations, Wetlands & conservation laws, zoning setbacks, septic systems, buying in the winter, boating restrictions, etc. These are not issues at all if Buyers know the right questions to ask up front. This is why the seminar was created!”
The seminar will have industry experts on hand such as:
- Mortgage experts, MBA Mortgage can talk to you about pre-approvals, mortgage products for 2nd homes, and lake home purchase considerations. In fact, the FREE STAND-UP PADDLEBOARD give-a-way is courtesy of MBA mortgage!
- Representing residential real estate interests, The Law Office of Kathleen A. Keaveney, LLC can assist you with all your real estate legal needs. Kathy has years of experience in conveying lakefront properties and will be there in person to answer all buyer legal questions.
- Matt Shogren from Hank’s Marine will be on hand and he’s bringing a pontoon boat! Attendees can get a look at the boat both before and after the seminar. Matt is also sells and installs ShoreMaster Docks.
The seminar is a live event only. “The magic of this Seminar is in the special blend of people, place, production, and presence. A virtual option wouldn’t rise to the standards we’ve set for this gathering and therefore will not be offered”, said Freerksen. Attendees walk away with over $300 worth of lake-specific materials and a chance to bring home the FREE STAND-UP PADDLEBOARD. Food and drinks will be available for all attendees.
Only 200 tickets are available, and the seminar sells out every year. The cost to attend is just $49 for one and $85 for two. Interested buyers can learn more and register here.
What people are saying:
“I wanted to take a few minutes and thank you all for one of the more meaningful, informative and resourceful seminars I have been to in a long time. In 2 words… refreshingly informative! ~Jay M., Leominster MA.
“We can’t believe how much we learned in your seminar. There are 8 or 9 items that never even occurred to us before. We especially like the ‘Buying waterfront in the winter’ topic!” ~S. Walsh, Natick MA.
“Before coming to your seminar, I thought all lakes were the same. Now I know the right questions to ask when checking out the lakes in my area. Thanks for all your help.” ~T. Murphy, Warwick RI.
“We plan to build our dream lakefront home next year. The information your speakers had on lake home designs, waterfront zoning regulations and conservation committees will certainly come in handy.” ~J. Reilly, Carver MA