Lakefront Living offers expert seminar on buying and selling lakefront property, March 25, 10am to 2pm.
When it’s good, there’s nothing better than lakeside living. Unfortunately, the dream of lakefront living can be dramatically altered by many of the issues lakefront property owners face—things that are even more important to know before investing in or selling a lakefront property. The “Keys to Buying Lakefront Property” seminar, hosted by Lakefront Living Realty, addresses many of these issues in a session to be held on March 25 at the Mansfield Holiday Inn at 31 Hampshire Street in Mansfield, MA.
“Purchasing a lakefront home is different than any other real estate,” said Scott Freerksen, AKA “The Lake Guy” and owner of Lakefront Living Realty, a realtor that represents both buyers and sellers of lakefront properties. “This seminar provides the vital knowledge needed to purchase and sell correctly.”
From 10am to 2pm, Freerksen and a team of experts on the buying and selling of lakefront property will cover:
- The top 10 facts you need to know about lakes in New England
- Finding the best deals first and negotiating the best contract
- Matching your recreational needs to the perfect lake and location
- How to build your dream home within waterfront regulations
- Considerations for financing a second home or rental property
- Evaluating lake conditions, water quality, weed content
- Home orientation, dock options & green design
- Understanding lakefront values and maintenance
- Validating your price range and confirming your priorities
- Watershed & lake management best practices
- Choosing the perfect boat for recreation & entertaining
The panel of presenters will include Bob Barlow, a mortgage broker from MBA Mortgage of Braintree, MA; Real Estate Attorney Kathleen A. Keaveney of Waltham, MA; and Architect Aaron Socrat. Other experts include lake managers, an aquatic specialist, representatives from modular home companies and more.
The “Keys to Buying Lakefront Property” lasts for about four hours (the first three hours are dedicated to buyers; the final hour is for sellers) and light refreshments will be served. The price of admission is $29 and you’re allowed to bring a guest at half price or $15.
Each attendee will receive more than $300 of take-home materials and be entered into a drawing to win a FREE KAYAK. Part of the proceeds from the seminar will be donated to Old Colony Habitat for Humanity.
“For many buyers, the dream of lakefront living can be shattered by not doing the homework prior to making their purchase,” said Freerksen. “This seminar can save buyers and sellers months of legwork by consolidating all this information into one session.”
Seating is limited to the first 50 people. To register, please visit www.lakefrontliving.com or call 508-377-7167.