There’s no better way to experience the lakefront lifestyle than to live it yourself. But before you invest a few hundred thousand dollars for your dream lakefront home, you may want to give it a test drive first!
Short term lakefront rentals are a great way to discover if the qualities and amenities of the lake will suit your families needs. There are several important factors that can be learned when you stay somewhere for a few days such as:
- How busy is the lake on a hot summer day?
- What type of recreation is going on and when?
- Is the shoreline conducive to swimming?
- Are there neighborhoods and/or coves that I would stay away from?
- How close is shopping and local restaurants?
- Are there many lake homes for sale on this lake?
- How active is the lake association?
- What kind of events / amenities are available to us?
- Did I like the sunrise/sunset aspect of this property better?
So how do you know if there are any short-term rentals in your desired location?
Check out a comprehensive list from the Lake Authority: How to find Lake Vacation Rentals!
See you on the water! Posted by Scott Freerksen “The Lake Guy”