Many lakefront homeowners struggle with the control of nuisance aquatic vegetation. One simple solution that I like is the WeedShear Weed Cutter.
A unique design with 49″ wide razor blade edges for cutting the ALL aquatic vegetation. The WeedShear was introduced in August of 2008 and is the 5th generation of sharp bladed water weed cutters that The Weeders Digest has sold.
The WeedShear has a uniquely designed shape that allows you to throw it from the dock, shore or boat, let it sink to the bottom and retrieve it back with the 30′ rope. The handle comes in 3 pieces totaling 9′. It comes with a hand sharpener to keep the tool effective. The product is a great addition to your lakefront property and sells for $134.99 from WeedersDigest.com.
View a video of this product in action.
Benefits of the WeedShear:
- Collapses by removing 2 bolts for safer easy storage
- A hardened steel blade requires less sharpening
- Better grade of rope – easier on the hands
- Safer because you can fold out of the way
- Lighter for greater tossing distance (stub handle)
- Shorter, requires less storage length
- Heavier to get it to sink faster (using extension handle)
- Longer handle for reaching from shore or into cattails or under a dock
- New design keeps weeds from catching where blade & shaft meet
- Arrives nearly FULLY ASSEMBLED
- Optional rigid carrying case available
- Includes rope, blade sharpener and blade guards
Learn more about this product and other weed control solutions at www.weedersdigest.com.