National Fishing and Boating Week – a national celebration of fishing and boating – is June 2 – 10, 2012. Coinciding with most state’s free fishing days, National Fishing and Boating Week occurs each year during the first full week of June. Here’s the scoop from TakeMeFishing.com:
- Discover a new fishing or boating hotspot: Search our Hotspot Map for thousands of fishing and boating locations, or view our mobile site – www.takemefishing.com/mobile – from your smartphone to get on-the-go access to the Take Me Fishing Hotspots Map. You can also download our FREE Boat Ramp app featuring more than 35,000 boat ramps and marinas across the country.
- See and Be Seen: Sites all over the country will host events during National Fishing and Boating Week. Look for fishing derbies, regattas, educational events, boating demonstrations, festivals, and more.
- Conservation Through Participation: Buy your fishing license and help pay for fishery and hatchery management, habitat development and protection, endangered species programs, and fishing and conservation education. Register your boat and help sustain resources that promote safe and responsible use of our nation’s waters.
- Get Moving: Introduce your kids to boating and fishing in our Little Lunkers section, then take them out on the water. Be sure to capture video of their prize catch and enter it in our Facebook “Memories on the Water” Contest. Or, have them visit ExploreTheBlue.com, an interactive website that brings on-the-water experiences to life with cross-curricular lesson plans, printable outdoor activities for the family, and the popular boating and fishing game ‘Thrill of the Catch.’
- Get into Boating: Use our Boat Explorer tool to find the right boat for you and get your free “Get Started in Boating” DVD from Discover Boating.
- Take the Anglers’ Legacy Pledge: Pass on the legacy of the sport. Make a promise to introduce someone new to boating and fishing – your son, daughter, grandchild, spouse, or a group of friends.
- Download the Fan Badge: Show your support for National Fishing and Boating Week by downloading the official ‘fan badge’ and using it as your profile picture on Facebook. Or, copy the code and place it on your website for the week to help spread the word. If you are on Twitter, please tweet about the celebration – use the #NFBW hashtag.
Learn more at TakeMeFishing.org.
Scott Freerksen “The Lake Guy”
Lakefront Living Realty, LLC
Office: (508) 377-7167
Become a FAN on Facebook