If you’re a fan of lakefront living and looking for a unique way to experience the great outdoors, camping on a pontoon boat is a great option. With the right preparation and equipment, you can enjoy a comfortable and memorable night on the water. Here are some tips on how to camp on a pontoon boat.
Let’s get started planning
- Choose the right boat: Not all pontoon boats are suitable for camping. Look for a boat that is at least 24 feet long and has enough space for sleeping, cooking, and relaxing. Consider renting a boat from a reputable company that specializes in pontoon camping.
- Plan your route: Before setting out, plan your route and identify potential camping spots. Make sure you have the necessary permits and follow any local regulations regarding camping on the water.
- Pack the essentials: You’ll need to bring all the equipment and supplies you would for traditional camping, plus a few extra items. Make sure you have a tent or canopy for shelter, a sleeping bag and pillows, cooking supplies, food and water, and personal hygiene items.
Don’t forget the basics
- Secure your boat: When you arrive at your chosen campsite, make sure your boat is securely anchored or tied to shore. Check the weather forecast and be prepared to adjust your anchor or tie-downs if needed.
- Set up camp: Once your boat is secure, set up your campsite on the deck. If you have a canopy, set it up first to provide shade and shelter from the elements. Then set up your tent, sleeping bags, and any other camping gear you have brought.
Enjoy your camping adventure
- Cook and eat: One of the benefits of camping on a pontoon boat is that you have a flat surface for cooking and eating. Set up your stove or grill on the deck and prepare your meals while enjoying the view of the water.
- Relax and enjoy: After a long day of boating and camping, take some time to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. Listen to the sound of the water, watch the sunset, and spend time with friends and family.
Camping on a pontoon boat can be a unique and rewarding experience. It does require some extra preparation and attention to detail. With the right equipment and mindset, you can enjoy a comfortable and memorable night on the water. Using these tips on how to camp on a pontoon boat should get you inspired ! So pack your bags, hit the lake, and start camping on a pontoon boat today!
Posted by Scott Freerksen “The Lake Guy”