Stand up paddle boards (SUP) offer a fun, relaxing way to play on the water. With a minimum of gear, you can paddle ocean surf or placid lakes and rivers.
Here are 10 reasons to give it a try:
- It’s super-fun!
- It’s a sport everyone can enjoy. Men, women, children and seniors enjoy stand up paddling! It’s a fantastic activity for the whole family! Even dogs love jumping on for a ride!
- There are lots of places to do it. Lakes, rivers, and marinas are great places to SUP!
- It can be a solo or social activity. It’s easy to talk with your fellow paddlers as you paddle!
- It’s fantastic full-body exercise! Balancing on the board requires an engaged core at all times so just standing there activates your abdominal muscles! Paddling while balancing gives you an incredible arm and core workout. And it’s cardiovascular too! The faster and harder you paddle, the more intense your workout. SUPing builds strength, endurance, and balance and is a lot more fun than spending time in the gym! It’s great cross-training for any sport.
- It feels amazing! The relaxing yet powerful feeling of gliding across the water has to be felt to be understood. Stress simply falls away. This is exercise that is good for the mind and spirit as well as the body!
- It offers better views than you get from sitting in a boat! Standing up on a board, you have a great vantage point to see what’s going on in the water below you! Not to mention what’s happening all around you!
- SUPing is a truly green activity. All you need is a board and a paddle – no motors, no noise, no harm to waterways, no disturbance the peace!
- SUPing offers great variety. Wanna socialize? Paddle with your friends and family. Wanna exercise? Go for a hard and fast paddle. Wanna race? Stand up paddle races are being held all around the world. Want an adventure? Tackle some whitewater rapids! Wanna fish? It’s great from a paddle board! Wanna pump up your fitness routine? Get down there and do some pushups or try some yoga or Pilates on the board! A paddle board can truly supercharge your usual workout!
- It’s easy to learn yet looks impressive! Anyone can learn in two minutes.
For everything you need to enjoy the wonderful sport of stand up paddling, go to: www.standuppaddleflatwater.com.
Posted by Scott Freerksen “The Lake Guy”